Cheers for that. i ended up playing about with it alla bit and found the the normal on dialog... sclick thing wasnt working because of having one graphic ontop of another so being of a simplified mind i simply cut up the background into lots of smaller sections and aligned all together so it appears to be the one image and that seems to be working alright, so thanks for that.. ive saved that mose positioning thing incase it pops up somewhere else along my scripting journey.

i'll post a screenshot up once i get it all working anyway.
--------------------------------------------------------
Another thing i just happened to start upon today was a whois dialog. i so far have got a list box on one side which displays all the nicks in an active channel and changes when the active channel changes, and when a nick is double clicked sets that nick as %name

my plan was to have a text area beside this that displays all the whois info there but was having some problems, i tired setting a few %variables which didnt work and a friend suggested raw commands, but after having tried raw $311 it was working fine when typing the raw command normally, but i cannout get a $did command to print the information in the text area.... ?
this is what ive done so far:

dialog who {
title who
size 100 100 200 100
option dbu

list 2, 2 2 50 98, autohs
text "WHOIS", 1, 52 2 50 98, center
}

on *:ACTIVE:*: {
if ($dialog(who) == $null) { halt }
else { did -r who 2
var %i 1