mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
Scripts & Popups Jump to new posts
Simple multizone timezone clock Maiko 26/03/24 04:20 PM
Hello .

I am trying to make a simple multi-zone time zone clock , that will display in a channel when requested with a !time command given in a channel .

Example : Bot The time here is 07:00:00
Bot The time ahead of here is 8:00:00

I have got one line to work ,but not the other .

on *:TEXT:!time:#:{
timer 1 1 msg $chan The Time here is $time(hh:nn:ss T)
timer 1 2 msg $chan The Time ahead of here is ( $calc ( $time + 60 ) )(hh:nn:ss T )
}

I am gonna to guess that it isn't that simple as just adding 60 , as in 60 minutes , to the $time .

I have tired to look for other timezone topic but not having alot of luck with their coding in the posts .

Thank you in advance .
3 507 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
Re: Repeating timers Wims 26/03/24 12:53 PM
All the behaviors you describe are correct I believe.
A timer is always associated with a status window, connected or not, -o only means that the timer won't stop if you were connected when starting it, when disconnecting from that associated status window.
If you don't use -i, the timer is associated with the current status window but the timer will stop if you close that status window, even if you used -o.
If you used -i, the timer is associated with the current status window AND the timer is reassociated to the new current status window when you close the status window associated to it, aka the timer is never stopped because you closed a status window. The help file is not very clear about this, but people want to generally use -io with their timer, the -i is often overlooked.

Once the timer trigger for the first timer at 00:01, it's as though you were using /timer -o 0 86400 echo -s .. at 00:01 manually, just an infinite timer triggering every 86400 seconds.
It won't reuse the 00:01 hours:minute parameter you specified the first time, because think about /timer -o 00:01 10 10 echo -s .., it wouldn't make sense to use a repetition and second parameter with a time parameter then.
Actually I'm not sure what you're confused with here as you can determine the next trigger time easily, it's just 24h from when it triggers which is always at 00:01.
If you wanted to echo midnight at midnight you would use 00:00, why using 00:01?

What do you mean as it's not triggering when it should?
1 273 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
Repeating timers Protopia 26/03/24 09:48 AM
I have an issue with a repeating timer apparently not triggering (and an offline timer apparently becoming online).

I set a timer with .timerMidnight -o 0:01 0 86400 echo -s It's MIDNIGHT!!!!

I can get a list of timers with /timers or get details of a specific timer with /timerMidnight and get:

* Immediately: * Timer midnight 00:01 86400s delay echo -s It's MIDNIGHT!!!! (Libera.Chat)
* A day later: * Timer midnight 86400s delay echo -s It's MIDNIGHT!!!! (Libera.chat)

So here are the issues:

1. I used the `-o` so it should be an offline timer, not associated with a connection, yet it says it is associated with a connection.
2. Once it has triggered for the first time I cannot determine the next trigger time.
3. Sometimes it is not triggering when it should.
1 273 Read More
Bug Reports Jump to new posts
Re: Check for Updates KindOne 25/03/24 07:05 PM
I had not thought about the filename in shortcuts, scripts, etc.. No idea how I managed to forget about that.
13 1,613 Read More
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3