Print Thread
#227683 18/11/10 04:33 AM
T
Talon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
you know, alt+k for changing color scheme, alt+o for options etc.. try left alt+o, then try right alt+o left alt works, right alt doesn't anymore (mIRC 7.15)

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Not a bug. This change was intentional and introduced in 7.14: see this thread.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
Talon Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
well that sucks, I used the right alt all the time for that kind of stuff, I find myself getting frustrated and thinking my alt key is broken. I guess i'll have to get used to using the left alt.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Yeah, right ALT should not be treated as ALTGR. Khaled mentioned that he'd look into it, but didn't have a keyboard that doesn't have ALTGR to test it with. Hopefully he can get a change in place.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
ALTGR is the equivalent of pressing cntrl+alt. Windows treats ALTGR and CNTRL-ALT the same way. Redefining the right alt key is really very strange....

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As a note, I found a computer with ALTGR to look at and Windows treats ALTGR as a right ALT. I can use it just like I'd use the left ALT. For example, I can ALTGR-Left to go back in a browser or ALTGR-Right to go forward. I'm not sure if the function of the key is changed based on the Windows locale or the keyboard layout chosen or what. But it appears that Windows does allow ALTGR to function as a normal ALT key in certain circumstances. Making mIRC treat the right ALT as ALTGR no matter what doesn't even follow how Windows handles that key, so it would be better to not force it in mIRC.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard