mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Since an official release of version 7, I decided to install it over my main installation of mIRC, but so far have had some problems.

In one of the networks I visit, each message sent (including modes etc) shows up one character per line, except for the timestamp. Meaning, a message would look like:
Code:
[10:33:33pm]
<
S
e
r
p
e
n
t
s
o
u
n
d
s
>

e
t
c

• In the status window, it does something similar but instead shows 9 characters per line.
  • This will not occur if a window is the active window, even if mIRC isn't the active application.
  • Disabling scripts and message splitting has yielded no difference.
  • If I right click on a window and select a spacing option, it will fix until new messages are received (even if the same option is selected).
  • The log files still appear as normal.

I also get some random, unwarranted crashes, but haven't even attempted to narrow that down yet.

Windows 7 Professional x64.

Last edited by Serpentsounds; 31/07/10 02:50 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you install mIRC v7.1 to a new, empty folder with no previous settings or scripts, can you still reproduce this issue?

S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
The issue is not present in a clean installation of mIRC 7.1.

Perhaps something in old ini file is disagreeing? It only happens on one network, and the window values in the file are all comparable.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you want, you can zip a copy of your mIRC folder with all of your settings and data, email them to me at khaled@mirc.com, with a step by step description of how to reproduce the issue, and I will try to track down the problem.

Other than that, I would suggest that you create a backup of your old settings and then remove files, such as scripts, popups, and so on, one by one until you find the file that is causing the problem.

If you could let us know how that works that would be really helpful since it may be affecting other users.

Link Copied to Clipboard