#169219 20/01/07 12:35 PM
T
tontito Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
Hello,

i just noticed today that when opening the Scripts Editor that the NP pool memory (in task manager) jumps 200k.
When i close it it jumps another 200k.

Anyone have noticed this?
Thanks

T
tontito Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
Hi again,

I forgot to mention i am using mirc 6.21 (but i can see the problem with older versions) on windows XP pro, and i have tried on several different machines.

When using another OS even XP home, i can't see this problem.

thanks again

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If you repeatedly open and close the scripts editor dialog, does it take up another extra 200k each time? If not, then it's just windows or mIRC allocating memory for one reason or another relating to the dialog and/or other editor related settings/files.

T
tontito Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
Hi Khaled,

In all tests i have made with Xp pro, it always increase the memory when opening and closing the scripts editor, every time i open and close.

It is my believe that is something related to scripts load and reload, since i have some sort of script that generates and addon, loads, generates a web page then unloads and this takes about 40k memory (also in NP pool).

I am providing a link with 2 movies that shows the open and close of the script editor, case you would like to check this visually.

Mirc with several addons (the one that loads 200k each time)
http://tontito.no-ip.biz/malta/mirc%20with%20addons.wmv

clean mirc (loads about 40k each time)
http://tontito.no-ip.biz/malta/clean%20mirc.wmv

The server is a bit slow for the download (13kb/s my dsl max)
Thanks for your help and patience

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I can't seem to reproduce this issue here, I am also using XP Pro with all the latest patches. A quick google on the internet indicates that NP Pool leaks are often due to non-standard drivers installed by other software (such as anti-virus software) which intercept various system events and can cause memory leaks. Since this is happening on one OS and not another, the different drivers on that OS are most likely the cause.

T
tontito Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
T
Hi Khaled,

I will try to find what is the driver or program that is causing this because i tested in 3 different systems.

Btw can you tell me what was the hardware where you made your test?
With that i expect to exclude some of the drivers.

Thanks for the help

Link Copied to Clipboard