mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Om3n Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
There have been many posts regarding ssl certificates and auto acceptance and so on, one by myself i believe that was a little lengthy. However this suggestion is much simpler.

/server flag -e#, where # represents how the ssl certificate authentication is treated.

-e without a number would act normally.
-e0 would force the prompt to be displayed even if it was previously set saved and set to autoaccept (via the dialog prompt), and of corse subsequently overwriting/resaving that specific certificate.
-e1 would force the prompt to be hidden/not displayed, and auto-accept the certificate and connection without user interaction.

Whichever option chosen, the rule should apply to any and all subsequent automatic and manual (clicking the con/discon icon) reconnections within that server window/cid, unless a new /server command is issued to it.

I think this would make many users happy who leave mirc running while away from the pc and come back to find a server failed to reconnect due to failed ssl authentication.

More specifically, this is caused by either a new/unknown certificate (network leaf that hasnt been used before) or by a certificate that fails to save (and match the next time) correctly.

"Allen is having a small problem and needs help adjusting his attitude" - Flutterby
S
Babel fish
Babel fish
S
I agree with this 100%. My network I am currently on has 8 branches from the original hub and several I havent used before and when I randomly disconnect sometimes it connects to a leaf I havent been on yet so I must accept it. This makes it kind of difficult to accept when your NOT THERE wink

Overall, adding this feature would make it not necessarily less annoying just more convenient.

"In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure."

Link Copied to Clipboard