Dear Khaled,

There seems to be a bit of confusion and some mysticism over how mIRC behaves differently between a standard installation and in its portable form. Specifically, converting a standard install into a portable install takes some measured effort in order to get right. (It's not just as simple as moving the mIRC install directory, and mashing the AppData directory into it.)

Could you include a function that will convert mIRC from a standard installation into a portable installation, whether in mIRC.exe itself or in its installer, so that people can put mIRC onto their cloud drive, or move it to some other syncable folder (like C:\Portable\mIRC)?

The real challenges are moving the license information and lock information from the registry into the mirc.ini file, so that the "portable copy" doesn't always nag about these things whenever it's run on a different computer.

Pseudo-portable mashing of AppData to Install Folder doesn't make mIRC truly portable, as if the Portable checkbox was used in the Installer.

Also, I question if using Portable Install in the installer actually transfers license info into mirc.ini if it's overwriting a previous Regular installation. Making things a little confusing to troubleshoot for people.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!