mIRC Homepage
Posted By: r2l chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 13/12/07 04:43 PM
i just upgraded to the new mirc. looks nice and such but for some reason i am not able to right click or left click in the chat window. for example if someone says in a channel "blah blah blah #yoyoyoy blah blah blah" i can't double click on "#yoyoyoy" to join the channel anymore. same goes for whenever i try to right click on someones name it just doesn't work.

Also i know nothing about scripts and such i just use mirc to chat with friends and team mates so i haven't edited anything.

Any help would be great. and yes i put this in the bug report because it seems like this is a very big bug (well to me at least)

Posted By: Collective Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 13/12/07 05:02 PM
I posted about this here, but no one responded. Several more users have reported this problem on IRC, though.

Could you give more information, such as:
  • mIRC Version
  • Browser
  • Operating System
  • Processor
  • Other hardware/software (Video card/Anti-Virus/Theming software)
  • The output of: //echo -a $script(0) $script(1) $isfile($script(1)) $md5($mircexe,2)
  • Whether the menus work with remotes off /!remote off (workaround, not a fix)
Posted By: RoCk Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 13/12/07 05:03 PM

Originally Posted By: r21

i can't double click on "#yoyoyoy" to join the channel anymore. same goes for whenever i try to right click on someones name it just doesn't work.

If those work if you hold the shift key...

options (alt+o) > other > Keys button > de-select Shift key enables hot links
Posted By: r2l Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 13/12/07 05:17 PM
the /!remote off works. thanks for the quick response. Rock my mirc came with it uncheck so yea. but thanks guys i am very happpy hopefully others will see my post and get theirs fixed too (that is if they are noobs like me :/)
Posted By: Collective Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 13/12/07 05:20 PM
Turning remotes off shouldn't fix it though, so this is a bug. Can you please post the information I listed? The more information Khaled gets the more likely it is the problem will be fixed.
Posted By: The_JD Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 14/12/07 03:13 AM
Originally Posted By: Collective
[*]The output of: //echo -a $script(0) $script(1) $isfile($script(1) $md5($mircexe,2)

is that meant to say "$isfile($script(1)" or "$isfile($script(1))"?
Posted By: Collective Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 14/12/07 09:22 AM
The latter, obviously smile
Posted By: The_JD Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 15/12/07 10:51 PM
was just checking it wasnt on purpose. Hopefully the OP notices :P (if he/she ever comes back)
Posted By: NaibStilgar Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 18/12/07 09:02 PM
I just want to confirm this bug. No scripts loaded (though I've bound some keys).

using
Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit
Internet Explorer 7
Core 2 Duo 6400

btw this is probably reported somewhere but mIRC does not open links in new tab in IE7 even though the option in IE is turned on. This is a problem with other programs (ICQ) too. However it is strange that most programs manage to open links correctly in new tabs but very few (including mIRC) somehow always open them in a new window. This happens under XP and Vista and it's been like that since I got IE7 when it was officially released.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 18/12/07 09:04 PM
That should be in a new topic, not a reply as it has nothing to do with this thread.
Posted By: RoCk Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 18/12/07 09:14 PM

What version mIRC ?
Posted By: NaibStilgar Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 18/12/07 11:37 PM
6.31 for the chat window bug. Wasn't present before.
Posted By: argv0 Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 19/12/07 01:02 AM
Originally Posted By: NaibStilgar
6.31 for the chat window bug. Wasn't present before.

Please provide the info as requested by Collective in the first reply of this thread...
Posted By: blanto Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 20/12/07 10:45 PM
same problem here.

mIRC v6.31
MSIE 7.0.6000.16575
Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Norton Internet Security 2008

1 C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\moo.mrc $true 2ddcadd1cf29d4c8da28579abbf13d5f

/remote off does fix the problem in my case. also note that the problem was occurring before i had the moo script installed.
Posted By: argv0 Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 21/12/07 06:24 AM
blanto:

You mirc.exe doesn't seem to be valid. Did you patch or modify it? Verify the the problem occurs with a *clean* install of mirc. and post the md5 hash again
Posted By: John117 Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 23/04/08 11:04 PM
I encountered a similar problem. I have always been able to enter a channel by double clicking on the name in a chat window or another channel window. I know its pretty crappy of me, but I downloaded a cracked version of mirc and shortly after upgrading, that quit working. The situation was resolved after I shut down all of the scripts. I typed /!remote off and it worked.

Posted By: Riamus2 Re: chat windows "bug". anyone else? - 23/04/08 11:10 PM
Cracked versions have problems and that's just one of them. If you don't want bugs like that, use a real version of mIRC.

Also, you shouldn't post bugs here that you get in cracked versions of mIRC unless you verify the bug is there in a legitimate copy of mIRC. It wastes everyone's time trying to duplicate the problem.
© mIRC Discussion Forums