mIRC Homepage
Posted By: neophyte If-then-else listing in the Help FIles - 11/09/03 07:39 AM
I've only just noticed that you can no longer use the shortcut to jump to the if-then-else help notes.

Eg, /help If-then-else

This no longer works, and instead, you must go to the Remotes/Aliases editor, and go to the Help menu to display it.

I'm all for moving things around so they belong in their appropriate places, but could you possibly please restore the shortcut for it (that and the operators, ie, /help ison).

Its just a little irritating to not have them there.

*I did search, and couldn't find a thread on this.
seconded - having the listing there (isop etc) was a very nice feature
Posted By: Raccoon Re: If-then-else listing in the Help FIles - 11/09/03 09:26 AM
/help /if
/help isop
yes, but ISOP is NOT in the index listing (tho /if is)
Posted By: neophyte Re: If-then-else listing in the Help FIles - 11/09/03 11:46 AM
I think you must be imagining things.

/help isop does not work.

Neither does using any of the other operators.

/help /if I didn't know about, but thanks for pointing that out.

In fact, none of the operators can be accessed via their old /help shortcuts (hey, I know they could be accessed at least in 6.03).

This is on a default mIRC install (my scripts are loaded, but I am 100% sure I have no overiding aliases etc).

Whilst I'm happy to have /if, I would like to have all the operators listed.
yeah they should be added back...

i was like "strange, if-then-else returns nothing..."

I am so used to using if-then-else instead of /if...
Posted By: pheonix Re: If-then-else listing in the Help FIles - 11/09/03 03:51 PM
/help isop takes me to 'irc servers' shocked :tongue:
Posted By: voidnull Re: If-then-else listing in the Help FIles - 13/09/03 10:18 AM
Why do you want the operators added, when it brings you to the exact same page as /help /if.
Posted By: codemastr Re: If-then-else listing in the Help FIles - 13/09/03 03:51 PM
He isn't saying the operators should be added, he is saying they shouldn't have been removed. If you type /help isop in 6.03 you'll see it works. Further more "it brings you to the exact same page" is a horrible reason not to add it. If that were valid, then /<anything here> should be removed because /help commands covers pretty much all of them.
© mIRC Discussion Forums