mIRC Homepage
Posted By: sabeln TCL support - 18/10/04 10:33 AM
hey

i've seen ppl have talking about it before, but i guess if more ppl wants it its bigger chance it gets implanted. as for the help part (found some post regarding that) there is no need on more help since tcl already got its own helpchannels and docs. if ppl dont know tcl then they just dont have to use it and if they want to use it they can learn it. its not that hard.

dont know if its hard to add it though, but cant be harder then writing your own scripting language, as it is today(?).

thanks for listening.
Posted By: Danthemandoo Re: TCL support - 18/10/04 03:04 PM
well, i hope you are gonna pay Khaled for the time he has to spend learning TCL cuz i doubt anyone else will...
Posted By: landonsandor Re: TCL support - 18/10/04 03:07 PM
This has been asked for before and while Im not saying it's a bad (or good) idea, I dont see it happening soon. I think what'd be more likely to happen is that somebody would make a TCL.dll (or some filename similar) to incorperate it into mirc like that.
Posted By: oracel Re: TCL support - 26/10/04 08:18 PM
I am fairly sure a tcl dll was submitted to ms.org (and rejected) a good while ago. I don't remember the name, author, or approximate date. But I'm pretty sure it's out there.
Posted By: Securix Re: TCL support - 28/10/04 01:08 AM
TCL is designed for bots. mIRC is a client for humans, then mIRC Scripting is made for humans. Are you robocop ? wink
Posted By: sparta Re: TCL support - 28/10/04 03:15 PM
Quote:

well, i hope you are gonna pay Khaled for the time he has to spend learning TCL cuz i doubt anyone else will...

If Khaled got this far with his coding, then im shure he know TCL.. TCL are a easy language to use.

and for you that want it inplanted in mirc, you have clients using TCL out there, they almost look like a "mirc" script, but what i know TCL work best in linux/unix, yes i know you can run windrop's on windows with TCL loaded, but windrops often get slow and unstabile.. so if you like to use TCL, then you should try use a client for linux/unix that can handle it.. or use a client that are writen for it.. and last, why put a language in mirc that are almost the same as the one we using now? "many commands are simulare or same"..
Posted By: Jigsy Re: TCL support - 24/11/04 10:18 AM
What about C or PASCAL support?
Posted By: WhiteRaven Re: TCL support - 28/12/05 11:41 AM
There are IRC clients designed for humans with TCL scriptlanguage (for eg: XiRCON). smile
I would be happy if mIRC had also TCL support, because it is familiar to the current mIRC script and it could solve some scriptbugs like the $nick identifier problem with "on ban".
© mIRC Discussion Forums