mIRC Homepage
Posted By: pheonix invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 02:04 PM
#rloop off
on *:MP3END:{
/did -ck mp3 1 $calc($did(1).sel - 1)
/splay $did(1).seltext
}
#rloop end

does anybody know whats wrong with this.?
does the dialog have to be the active window to use /did -ck or does it just have to be open?
thanx in advance
Posted By: Anonymous Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 02:09 PM
No, but you need to provide the dialog name $did(dialog,ID)
Posted By: pheonix Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 02:11 PM
ok thanx
Posted By: pheonix Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 02:19 PM
works cheers grin
Posted By: pheonix Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 04:15 PM
thanx to you ive completed my mp3 player smile

Posted By: KingTomato Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:06 PM
eww... awkward.. gotta stick with the classical look. >:D

Posted By: Anonymous Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:08 PM
that looks pretty good .. is that yours ?
Posted By: c0ldfusi0n Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:13 PM
Posted By: KingTomato Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:15 PM
I like it cold, but how you load a file? you click a button? I would be irritated doing that for every song I wanted to play. You may have a random and repeat, im not sure--but looking for a file to play in a sfile is too much work for me >:D
Posted By: Anonymous Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:15 PM
that's pretty good too .. I can do dialog, but mine usually ends up looking like a cluddered up piece of crap lol.

Edit: but functional
Posted By: KingTomato Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:17 PM
lol--
Thats why we have dialog studio >:D
Posted By: Anonymous Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:18 PM
me too .. now lol
Posted By: c0ldfusi0n Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:18 PM
the play button lets you play a specific file ($sfile) and the >> button plays a random one. The push button you see under the big time is for continuous play, so you dont have to hit anything :>
Posted By: KingTomato Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:21 PM
Ehh, I prefer having it all right in front of my. I do asdmire the size, and (non-bulky-ness)?
Posted By: c0ldfusi0n Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 05:23 PM
Or you can just write part of the mp3 you want such as "trans" for transplants and it automatically finds and play it.
Posted By: neophyte Re: invalid paramaters - 16/05/03 11:35 PM
Winamp is just so much better than any MP3 player you could "build" within mIRC, and with the number of Winamp DLL's out there that allow you to control winamp, why bother making a dialog based MP3 player!?
Posted By: c0ldfusi0n Re: invalid paramaters - 17/05/03 12:02 AM
You have the satisfaction to say that YOU made it yourself, and you are not using someone else's work. Have you ever modified a car? or modified your desktop/Windows appearance? painted your room?

It's the same thing, you can just say "Hey, i did that". And - i speak for myself here - it was a more a challenge than anything else. I was used to winamp when i decided to code my first mp3 player, and it had a lot of the features Winamp has, and some that it didn't have. You just make it the way YOU want, not the way a bunch of coders you never heard of wanted.
Posted By: codemastr Re: invalid paramaters - 17/05/03 12:04 AM
Quote:
Have you ever modified a car?

But if you were modifying a car, would you (literally) reinvent the wheel just to say you made the car from scratch? Or would you concede that the professional tire making companies most likely know how to make a wheel better than you can?
Posted By: c0ldfusi0n Re: invalid paramaters - 17/05/03 04:06 PM
Of course you use the wheel. You use the wheel because you have no (or very little) choice. It's comparable to miRC coding, you use a already invented language, already established commands, events and identifiers and even maybe DLLs but yet the final product is unique, and you made it by yourself.
Posted By: codemastr Re: invalid paramaters - 17/05/03 05:21 PM
Using the wheel is not the same as using the already existing language. That would be equivilent to saying "I'm not going to make my own drill, hammer, etc" when you use the tires, you are using someone elses end product. My point is, if someone has already done something better than you can, why waste your time? In the end, you will only wind up making an inferior product. Me, I'd rather save my time and have the superior product.
Posted By: neophyte Re: invalid paramaters - 17/05/03 11:28 PM
I came accross wrong...

I'm just saying, that why do it when there is no need to?

I'm not saying you shouldn't.

I really don't care if you do or not, but I just keep thinking to myself, why bother wasting time scripting something that there already is available?
Posted By: pheonix Re: invalid paramaters - 18/05/03 12:35 AM
maybe i just wanted to put my knowledge of mirc dialogs to the test and make an mp3 player of my own
© mIRC Discussion Forums