mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Dharion How to make a Picture window transparent - 20/05/06 07:52 PM
Ok ... im working on a Media player for mIRC, with skin options etc...
My basic design has a round player, but when i use drawpic -t i still keeps a black border around the player...

The -t function works, but the picture window doesnt agree on it and gives a nice black background while it should be transparent.

How can i solve this? confused confused

Thanks in advance
Posted By: Doqnach Re: How to make a Picture window transparent - 21/05/06 09:01 AM
do you use $rgb to create the black colour? and are you sure it's absolute black to begin with?
Posted By: Dharion Re: How to make a Picture window transparent - 21/05/06 12:05 PM
i used /drawpic -t $rgb(255,255,255) and that results in a black background. The picture window wont disappear on me ... and i want that to happen .... since my player size is 500x500 and circular is kinda ugly to get 4 corners with a black background comming from the picture window beneath the img ...

The transparency for the img itself works, no problems there ... its just the picture window.

There should be a way to get a desktop picture window background to show transparent so you only see the img you place in it. and if there isnt any ... Khaled please make a function for it =(

Having a skinnable media player for mIRC wont have any use if it can only support square skins.......
Posted By: DaveC Re: How to make a Picture window transparent - 21/05/06 08:00 PM
Quote:
$rgb(255,255,255)

Did i miss something or isnt 255,255,255 WHITE pure white! not black!
It is indeed.

RGB - 0,0,0 = HEX - 00,00,00
RGB - 255,255,255 = HEX - FF,FF,FF

(color:#000000)BLACK(/color)
(color:#FFFFFF)WHITE(/color)

-genius_at_work
Posted By: Dharion Re: How to make a Picture window transparent - 23/05/06 05:18 PM
you guys miss something ... guess noone here can help me uh -_-
Posted By: hixxy Re: How to make a Picture window transparent - 23/05/06 05:27 PM
You're not alone. It was suggested last year: https://forums.mirc.com/s...true#Post137788
Posted By: Dharion Re: How to make a Picture window transparent - 23/05/06 05:44 PM
thank you for a decent reply smile
guess ill have to resort to xtra dll's then.

peace
© mIRC Discussion Forums