Print Thread
#97926 18/09/04 10:10 PM
K
kerpele Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
K
first the thing how you can make the channel window and alot of others too an independent window apart of the main window is very neat, i like it, BUT what i'm missing is making the private chat pop up in a new window too as now that i've got the channel window open without the main window i get no notification when someone is trying to pm me...

the other thing is how you can edit the timestamp so that you have it colored ( []# HH:nn [] , where [] is the color tag and # is the number of the color ) but when you reboot mirc you gotta edit the timestamp all over again to give it the color...

#97927 19/09/04 04:25 AM
S
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
S
I don't think i understand what you mean't by the first request but maybe its just me, considering it is 5:23am lol

Anyway the colour in the timestamp is not possible unless the colour character (ASCII 3) is replaced while it is stored. This is because INI files can not store non text\numeric characters I believe.

Sainty @ DALnet
#97928 19/09/04 08:05 AM
H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
I think the first request has to do with making msg windows desktop windows. If that is the case, it would be in the same place in the options as the setting for channels (alt+o -> +display -> options -> Windows... button), but they are called "query" windows.

As for the 2nd request, it is true that control codes are stripped from .ini files. If you want to keep colors in there, make a simple on start script like this:

on *:start: timestamp -f ( $+ $chr(3) $+ ##HH:nn $+ $chr(3) $+ )

where ## is the color number (2 digit format, like 04 for color 4, prevents the numbers in the time from being treated as part of the color code). $chr(3) returns the control char for color (ctrl+k). Other useful codes are $chr(2) for bold, $chr(22) for reverse, and $chr(31) for underline.

If I knew now what I will know then... maybe things will have been different...
#97929 20/09/04 01:18 PM
K
kerpele Offline OP
OP Offline
K
for the first thing, that's exactly what i meant, thank you very much smile

for the second... where do i put that script crazy

#97930 20/09/04 08:52 PM
H
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
H
The on start script would go in the remote tab of the script editor (alt+r) on its own line. It might be a good idea to put it in its own file as well -- in the script editor, click the file menu and choose new, then paste it in there.

Last edited by Hrung; 20/09/04 08:53 PM.

If I knew now what I will know then... maybe things will have been different...

Link Copied to Clipboard