mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#94113 13/08/04 11:10 PM
A
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
I was wondering if the maker(s?) of this site is planning on adding a traffic monitor for the message boards? It would be nice to see how many people actually visit this place in a way other than number and letters and it seems to me that the boards have been very active lately. It woul be a nice feature IMO.

#94114 13/08/04 11:16 PM
Z
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Z
I'm not sure if I got what you meant, but if it is of any consolation, there is the Who's Online link, on the top on this page. You can see who is logged into the board at the moment smile

"All we are saying is give peace a chance" -- John Lennon
#94115 13/08/04 11:29 PM
A
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
Instead of who's online, have it setup a way of knowing the history of it as well. Almost like the graphs for the mirc stats addon that makes a website of the history in graph form.

Obviiously you would have to change the categories you want to evaluate but people could suggest things they want to keep track of like....w many users logon from US, canada, europe or how many males/females have logged on, and other things that I can't think of right now.

#94116 14/08/04 02:56 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The forum is commercial software, while making changes is probably allowed it is not desireable from a compatability point of view as any upgrades would erase code that was altered to allow for customisation. It is better to make feature suggestions for the forum to the authors of it rather than their customers.

#94117 15/08/04 11:33 PM
A
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
A
I would hope not just customers read this board

#94118 16/08/04 12:05 AM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
It's unlikely (or wrongful to assume so anyway) that the InfoPop developers check out this forum for suggestions from users of this forum. Just like phpBB developers don't go around checking out people using their forums, why would the InfoPop people come here?

Experience tells me that Krejt, as a general rule, doesn't edit the source code himself for the reasons stated above - it doesn't make upgrading particularly easy. And due to the amount of traffic this board receives (200+ people every hour), risks and mistakes are not a good thing to have.

Whether future board upgrades (which will happen at some point) contain the features you want, depends on whether the board developers want that feature to be in the software release. Hence the suggestion to speak to them directly.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard