Print Thread
#84168 26/05/04 05:15 AM
S
ssc Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
S
Sometimes when I got disconnected from a server, when I was trying to reconnect it said 'Nickname is already in use.'
Is there any scripts can auto ghost the nick and change my nick back?

Any help is appreciated.

#84169 26/05/04 05:53 AM
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
Does the network you chat on have some sort of service like NickServ, ChanServ, etc... If so, then try the command /msg NickServ help kill if that don't work try /msg NickServ help and see what options are brought up...I am assuming the network has this service as most do or something similar...

If this doesn't help you out then my suggestion is to check with the network help channel to see if there is a similar service. Now if the network doesn't support this feature, then my guess is you would either have to wait until the nickname times out or someone else grabbed your nickname and you may end up using a different nickname until this user logs out.

Try these suggestions and see if they are of any use...hope it works out for ya!

Last edited by The_Game; 26/05/04 05:54 AM.
#84170 26/05/04 09:25 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Hi,

assuming your network supports NickServ, then the following might be of good use to you:

First type this in your mIRC: /set %mynick <your nickname> | /set %mypass <your password>
without the < >

Second, paste the following code into wordpad.exe (Start -> Run -> wordpad.exe) and then copy it from Wordpad to your mIRC Script Editor Remote (alt+r --> Remote):

Code:

#autoghost on
on *:CONNECT: identify %mynick %mypass
on *:NOTICE:*:?:{
  if $+(Password accepted* %mynick,.) iswm $strip($1-) &amp;&amp; %ghost {
    nickserv ghost %mynick %mypass 
    unset %ghost 
  }
  elseif (Your ghost*killed. iswm $1-) nick %mynick 
}
raw 433:*: if ($2 == %mynick) set %ghost 1
#autoghost end

Now when you connect, you will be identified for your main nick (%mynick) even if it's in use. If you receive the notice that your nick is in use, then the script will ghost that nick. On receiving the notice that your duplicate nick is ghosted, the script will automatically change you to your default nick.

Hope this was somewhat useful for you,

Greetz

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 26/05/04 09:29 AM.

Gone.
#84171 26/05/04 10:14 AM
S
ssc Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Thx for your help, FiberOPtics!

#84172 26/05/04 08:31 PM
N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
be careful with auto ghost scripts though. i have noticed sometimes. if you ping out or do something that would cause your nick to ghost. the server will lag. and if the server lags then services are most likely lagged to. so. if you ghost your nick. and the nick quits before nickserv can ghost it and you change ur nick. as soon as nickserv gets your command. nickserv will then kick you off the server thinking you are the ghost.

-Nick (Darko)
-Admin irc.aussiechat.org
-#Chatzone, #helpdesk
#84173 26/05/04 08:45 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Just a note about that, with DALnet (and I pick up on DALnet because it's the biggest network with NickServ) this will not occur, as you cannot ghost yourself. Certainly on other networks this may occur however - check in the #Help channel.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#84174 28/05/04 02:04 AM
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
You could always insert a timer to delay the nick change. If the timer were longer than the lag it would solve that problem anyway.

[Added]
I have also been told, rather forcibly, by those who write services that it is NOT A GOOD THING tm to use the RAW command ... shocked

Link Copied to Clipboard