Jas1 Offline OP
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
J
Hello,To all

Well as you can see new to this i was hoping someone
can help me with this please when i try to download
a file i always get this here it will send when sends are available.

any help at all also can someone tell me what would be
the command to find out how much longer it will take a
file to download like i said new to all this hehe

have a great one to all

Thank you confused

#80125 21/04/04 06:01 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
"when i try to download a file i always get this here it will send when sends are available."

Not quite sure what you mean. If you're downloading off an Fserve (file server) then there should be a trigger displayed in the channel to access the FServe. You need to type the trigger in the channel.
Remember that mIRC is a chat program it is not a file serving program unlike Kazaa/iMesh etc. Downloading mp3s, movies, software etc is actually illegal (as it breaks copyright laws) and we will not help with downloading that kind of material. It's also a good (and quick) way to get infected with a virus - potentially causing everything you downloaded to be lost or rendered useless.

Swapping files in mIRC uses a feature called 'DCC'. This means Direct Client to Client - because you (a client) and someone else (another client) have a direct connection with each other in order to transfer the data from their computer on to yours. Type /help DCC in mIRC.

"how much longer it will take a file to download like"

When you start to receive a file a new window will open displaying details about that particular download. There it will give you an estimated time of how long is left, aswell as a graphical bar showing you the progress. It also shows you speed at which the download is going at.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#80126 22/04/04 02:53 PM
R
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
R
If you're asking how to find out the time before your queue starts sending, that's not possible unless the script has a command for it or displays it in the ad. Some scripts will display as AQT in the ad, or similar to show how long before your send it *probably* going to start. There is no standard command for getting that information.

Link Copied to Clipboard