mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Lol this is the weirdest thing...

When you open the scripts editor, click with ur mouse on any word or piece of text, then click on the "Find Text" button.
You will notice that the word that u clicked is shown there.

So if ur looking for a specific word, and u wanna like scroll through ur scripts, whenever u click on anything, it will change the word u wanna change for, the most annoying thing, cuz when u wanna scrol, u first need to click on the active window..which is the scripts editor.

Grtz

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 03/04/04 11:09 PM.

Gone.
T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
not a bug, it was intended.

New username: hixxy
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
OMG for real?

Thats the most annoying thing...like i can only not make the text in that find text box change if click on a blank line...

So u always got to go look for a blank line if u don't want the search text to be changed...bah.
In other words, if u are facing a script, that has like a lot of text, then you will have to maximize the scripts editor, solely to find a blank line, or else u will lose ur search term, wich u will have to enter again. Imagine you are looking for stuff in a +2000 lines script...as is the case right here.

Or for example: u want to change an identifier which is used a lot in ur script. YOu will have to search for those identifiers, but each time u make a change, like whatever if it is copy/pasting, or clicking then ur search term dissappears...that sux

Well thanks for the reply, ill live with it i guess, though i dont see how its a good feature...

Grtz

Last edited by FiberOPtics; 03/04/04 11:20 PM.

Gone.
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
You might like to know that numerous suggestions have been made for the find feature in the script editor smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Are you aware of F3? It cycles through all matches without the Find dialog being open. So, you open the Find dialog, enter a pattern, click on "Find Next" and then hit F3 subsequently to browse through all matches. You can even move randomly, by putting the cursor anywhere with your mouse and hitting F3.

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Note to self: read the versions.txt before reporting a bug

I have never yet used F3, though I will be forced to use it now, and its not even a bad thing...lol.

Thank you for your replies, I'm going to shut up now.

Greetz

Gone.

Link Copied to Clipboard