mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
ting79 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
T
Hello everyone. First I would like to say, I've posted to posts with similar errormessages, some here in bugs and some in connection issues.
Here is at least two of them:

https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...h=true#Post1901

https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=...=true#Post76665

This is the vital facts for me problem (this I believe turned up when I got ADSL actually!):

There are two computers sharing Internet Access trought a 3Com switch connected to a ZyXEL Prestige 650R-33, firmware: ZyNOS F/W Version: V3.40(IO.2) | 12/23/2003.
This ADSL Modem/router, is configured with a DHCP on the LAN side, giving 192.168.1.x, and gets one official IP from the ISP on the WAN side.
It also runs NAT in SUA Only mode.

The reason I tell this, was because someone had a problem but got it solved because they removed the on connect get local host/ip.. For me that's irrelevant. I cannot connect, with or without them checked.

I run Windows XP Professional Corporate Edition w/SP1, all patches from WindowsUpdate included, except MovieMaker 2, Journal Viewer and MediaPlayer 9.0.

When I /server in mIRC.. I can connect to any server I wish to, but I end up with a crash:

AppName: mirc.exe AppVer: 6.1.4.0 ModName: ws2_32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.1240 Offset: 00003b2c

I can continue to use mIRC for as long as I wish, unless I close the error message. mIRC works just fine with it open and hidden... Until I do /server -m <second server>.. That makes it all go wacky.

My PuTTY reacted the same way before I formated (and so did mIRC 6.03, 6.12 and 6.14). On this new system, I've only tried mIRC 6.14 so far... I will go ahead and try PuTTY now...

PuTTY doesn't seem to crash anymore, but it did as it exchanged keys last time. But I only got to try that towards one server, that isn't online ATM.

--

Need any more information? Tell me what you need.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It's difficult to know why this would happen with your configuration, however I have never experienced it, either using a dialup account, or through a direct ADSL connection, or via a NAT configuration. I am using Windows XP Pro SP1 with all patches applied.

Unfortunately with millions of mIRC users, there are inevitably going to be some odd configurations out there. Perhaps it's related to your hardware/software combination. mIRC is very much a basic Windows Internet application, and it should work on any Internet connection.

Perhaps if you can narrow it down to something specific that might help, however since I don't have your configuration, and since the crash is in winsock itself, it may be very difficult to figure out.

T
ting79 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I wonder if it has to do with the actual setup of my ADSL modem, since I've done a firmware update on it, and it was reset to fabric default (and only VCI #, and VPI # was changed afterwords).. I've might missed something. I've emailed my ISP, but so far gotten no respons to my request.
Also.. I didn't have this problem when I was on ISDN (and I didn't format in between being on ISDN and then ADSL... And suddenly it started to crash on connect).

So talking about "narrow" it down, I think I've done that.
Also asked a female friend of mine that just formated and installed the same XP has me (and that has the same broadband connection from the same ISP) to download mIRC and try.. Her's didn't crash.
The only differents between us, is my firmwared modem + a 3com 5-port switch that I've got.

Yours

Ronny

Link Copied to Clipboard