Print Thread
#75178 14/03/04 12:27 PM
S
sparta Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
S
Why not make a "custom" channel mode? many networks start to use there own channel modes, and still mirc only suport the old ones.. like +tnipsmkl, and i have been using mirc for many years now, but still i cant find the point of +p and +s ? they do the same thing on many networks (only hide the channel from the /whois if the one doing /whois arent on the same channel), why not make it so you can set ur own modes, then have a "default" button that change them back to as they are now? i dont have any problems with the new modes, but many new mirc users dont know how to type it. /mode #channel +s as an example..

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
#75179 14/03/04 03:04 PM
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
+p and +s aren't the quite same. Although both hide the fact of being on a channel from WHOIS performed from outside, +s (secret) also hides the channel from the channel listing, while +p (private) does not. (IIRC)

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
#75180 14/03/04 03:49 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
This and things related to this have been suggested numerous times (i.e. make topic box bigger, make custom modes available). Look at this thread for example.

Might also try using the Search feature.

Happy suggestin' smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard