mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#74101 06/03/04 07:24 PM
D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
D
My main reason for doing this is that someone told me that I could download "Reba" episode from Mirc so I installed it.
I connected to the #reba-central server. Now what do I do?

I type "/list" and it throws me to another screen and starts displays tons of text all colors in the rainbow.

What do I do with this. There is no command line at the bottom to type anything.

Also when I connect to "Reba-central" it opens a web page up with the server name in the URL area but the page is blank. Am I suppost to do something with this also.

I have look on the web for Mirc commands but it confuses me more.
Is there a Mirc 101 out there to explain it better?

Thanks,
Debbie

#74102 06/03/04 07:44 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
The /list command will show you a list of channels that are present on the network you're using. It is not a channel and there are no "users" in the channel list and it's not a chat room, so that's why there's no place to type. The colourful bits are the channel topics.

I'm afraid that anything that goes out on TV is copyrighted, so episodes of anything which has shown, or does show, on television would be illegal to download. I mean, I've never even heard of "Reba" but I assume it is some sort of TV related programme...thing laugh - Visit the "Reba" website (if they have one - search Google) and contact them to see if it would be illegal to download episodes of Reba via any medium (including IRC).

We do not help with downloading illegal episodes, movies, software, music etc etc - mIRC Is a text chat program and is not there for mass/illegal file trading. See this post.

Happy chatting smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#74103 07/03/04 09:12 AM
D
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
D
In answer to your question of "how to get into channels" I think you were asking...
after you do the /list
you'll see the multi colored channel headers (Topics)
simply scroll up and down until you find the channel you want and double click on it and you will auto join it.
Sure there is pirated stuff out there but there is legit stuff too.
Not EVERYONE is a pirate.
Hope that answers your question rather than give you an anti-piracy pitch.
Use virus protection and don't ever open a file that you didn't ask for.
Cheerz

#74104 07/03/04 07:35 PM
D
OP Offline
D
OK, thanks for the possitive note

Debbie

#74105 08/03/04 08:29 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
-just because you ask for a file certainly doesnt mean its not an infected one

-no one virus scanner, or even an assortment of them, can be expected to protect you from every infected file out there

-we dont help with mass filesharing or illegal downloading for very good reasons and try to inform new users so they are aware of the dangers. do try to respect that

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard