mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
kowboy Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
I can connect to the regular MIRC channels9 Port 6665). I cannot connect to OTHERNET MIRC (port 6667) It keep timing me out, no matter what the settings.

My IP has stealth on all the ports, but I can use regular MIRC and chat without any hitch.

The problem is Othernet's MIRC. I notice it waws an older version of MIRC.

There does not eem to be a link on Ohternet for any help.

Thanks

S
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
S
Is 'othernet' another IRC network or another copy of mirc.exe on your system? The way you phrased your issue it seems you are running two copies of mIRC, and only one is functioning.

Is it possible that one version is set to connect to an older, now non-existant server name or address, or that you haven't 'allowed' this program to connect with your firewall program ("Stealth on all ports" ?) or one mIRC doesn't have the proper firewall settings entered?

I could be totally off track - please respond if I have misread your post or the above fails to solve the issue. smile

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Just trying to be clear here - are you saying that Othernet is distributing a hacked version of mIRC or its own "in house" mIRC script?

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:
K
kowboy Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
K
Thanks for the reply.

Othernet is a Financial network web page. It uses a licensed version of MIRC, version 6.03. I originally signed up and donloaded this in order to chat on stock trading. It will not allow me to connect to the server and uses TCP port 6667.

In an effort to find out what was wrong, I went to the MIRC web page and downloaded the latest version of MIRC, Version 6.12. This version connects to the servers on port 6665 and works just fine. It takes a little while to log in, because it tells me that it reconfigures the connection for stealth. All of my TCP ports are stealthed by my internet provider and I have no choice on that matter.

When connecting to the Othernet server, it just simply won't connect. There is only one server and one default TCP port 6667 on this log in.

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Hi!

The good news is... there is more than one server that you can try! smile

I am assuming that you are referring to Othernet.org "The financial network" - mainly because other.net is a computer co. and othernet.com won't let me access its website.

Othernet.org servers are listed on this web page

Hope this helps

PM

P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Oops, forgot to add... if you STILL can't get onto the network, then I think you'll have to contact the server administrator. Since you've been given a login, it's possible that there's been a mistake configuring the server to recognise you.

PM

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Something I posted in another thread:

"Just an FYI, you have 2 hours to edit your posts, so if you forget something you can always just click on the 'Edit' button and add what you forgot to say"

Hope I don't seem too patronising/bossy/whatever :P

I would hand out cookies, but I've been ordered not to by the brat. Sorry frown /me gives out muffins instead

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
*grin* yeah I know, but I don't like tinkering with posts once sent... the sanctity of the written word and all that... comes of being a closet writer I guess wink

* PastMstr steals Mentality's cookies while he and ParaBrat aren't looking ]:}

Link Copied to Clipboard