Print Thread
#59898 11/11/03 09:19 PM
_
_Wolfe_ Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
_
Hi, it seems I am suddenly having problems on mIRC. I was using it as recently as last night, but now, for whatever reason it is not working.

I constantly get the message 'could not find your host name'

Does anyone have any ideas at all...already I miss my mIRC. confused

Thank you in advance,
Alex aka Wolfe

#59899 11/11/03 11:40 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Try changing your hostname lookup method:

ALT+O > Connect > Local Info

Under 'on connect, always get' make sure 'Local Host' is checked and try the 'server' lookup method. If that doesn't work, try the 'Normal' lookup method.

You can also try other networks/servers and see if you get the same error message, for example irc.quakenet.org, irc.undernet.org or irc.dal.net. As far as I know, that isn't a usual connection error message, you might get that from the server messages though (by default they're brown). If that is the case, then it is more likely that you shouldn't get the error message with other servers.

If you recently installed/enabled a firewall, disable it and try again. For information about how to enable/disable the Windows XP Personal Firewall, click here. The same goes for Routers, if you recently installed one, disconnect it from the machine.

Finally, see if there are other similar problems to do with this by using the Search feature.

G'luck.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#59900 12/11/03 12:36 AM
_
_Wolfe_ Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
_
Thanks alot for your help. I managed to get it all sorted out and I am back on mIRC. You were a HUGE help. I owe ya one. smile

Alex aka Wolfe

#59901 12/11/03 11:05 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
No problem smile - Cookies will be fine ty *G*

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard