#33817 03/07/03 03:32 PM
C
Creak Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
C
Hi !
i saw this sentence about irc:// links on your site : "Please note however that this at the moment only seems to be working for MS Internet Exploder, not Netscape, not sure why yet... We're still working on this smile"
I use Opera and i have the same problem, but Opera (and netscape i think) doesn't take also the mailto: links (or we have to create the account inside the application)... So i think that the problem comes more from Opera etc. than from mIRC...
If u use some kind of alternative navigator, please send a letter to tel the problem... (even to doesn't take the mailto: links is unacceptable !)

Well C Ya smile
Creak

#33818 03/07/03 07:05 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
thats a browser thing not a mirc thing ...... it only works for IE thats im aware of

D3m0nnet.com
#33819 03/07/03 09:17 PM
R
Babel fish
Babel fish
R
Both Mozilla and Netscape support the irc: and mailto: protocol identifiers.

Actually, it's not even an issue of support... just like any URL/pathname aware program should, anything that's not nativly handled is simply passed off to the OS to decide what to do with it. So if you add the foo: identifier to the system, and type <a href="foo:///bar" target="_blank">foo:///bar</a> in the location field it'll launch what ever handler it's configured for.

Same as with system registered MIME types.

#33820 03/07/03 09:38 PM
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
very kewl ... ive been told that they didnt without the registry being changed to ..... i guess they both stepped up and modified its protocals from last i checked ... good to know for future references

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard