mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Lorton Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
I signed up on this channel and everytime I tried to send a message, the response is"#eveonlinehoc cannot send to channel"

On all other channels I do not have this problem. I am able to chat on the others with no problem

Thanks in advance

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
First, are you in the channel? If your trying to send a message from outside the channel, the no external messages may be on. Second, is the channel moderated, and are you without a voice? If there is +m, and you are not voices, you can't talk. Also, on some servers, the ban of address 1 (no kick) on a channel is a "mute" ban. Basically, while the ban is in effect, the banned user may not speak.

-KingTomato
L
Lorton Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
Yes I was on the channel and was watching others chat with the hosts and it was moderated. Since it was moderated, how do I get a voice?

I also noticed that at the end of the moderated chat, I was able to send my message and chat with others, only after the moderator and hosts logged off. Where will I see a +m and how come others are able to ask questions to the hosts?
I was not banned on server since this was 1st time on the chat for #eveonlinehoc.

Thanks

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
It sounds like you are joining some discussion with important people, game developers? There is probably a system you are unaware of, where people who wish to ask a question have to /msg a bot and get placed into a hold queue.. or some other like command. The channel is moderated for good reason, to prevent random people like you from speaking randomly.

I would recommend asking an operator of the channel privately, or check the channel's topic for any special instructions or webpage of rules you may have missed.
- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard