mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#261199 15/08/17 06:22 PM
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 964
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 964
It'd be great if /bset had a way to append octlets to the bvar. When working with bvars its common for the scripter to just need to append octlets to the bvar. To do so the scripter has to call $calc(1+ $bvar(&<bvar>,0)). Due to $calc()'s parsing overhead this can bog mIRC down for loops.

I suggest either of the following to alleviate the annoyance:

Using -1 as /bwrite does
Code:
bset -tac &bvar -1 octlets


A new switch
Code:
;; -A would append the octlets
bset -Atac &bvar octlets


A new command
Code:
;; switches same as /bset
badd -tac &bvar octlets

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 15/08/17 06:27 PM.
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,737
R
Hoopy frood
Offline
Hoopy frood
R
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 2,737
For many years I've consistently assumed /bset supported N = -1, for appending to the end of a &binvar, given this is the supported behavior with /bwrite. I hope it can be added smile


Link Copied to Clipboard