OP Offline
Hoopy frood
W
Code:
/window -df @a -1 -1 200 200
creates a window with a titlebar.
Code:
/window -df +n @a -1 -1 200 200
creates a window without a titlebar (+x behaves the same).

Regardless of +t, I believe this second example is a bug, if the first example creates a titlebar, the second line should be creating the exact same titlebar.
If +n (or +x) is meant to be used only with +t, then +n/+x would be ignored in this case, but I don't see why it would create a window with no titlebar, this is not documented and is not convenient.
Also, if +n (or +x) is meant to be used only with +t, I would like to see the help file being clear about it.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
At first blush, I want to answer that mIRC simply and blindly applies Windows API style combinations based on the options you choose, without considering whether they are necessarily compatible combinations. Your version of Windows (95, 98, ME, 2K, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10) may render those styles and style-combinations differently than what is documented or what you might expect from documentation. I don't believe Khaled documented the effects of every combination and their side-effects. There have always been side-effects of various style combinations, some of them specific to various platforms.

Edit: Behind the scenes, there are over a dozen Windows Styles, as well as Windows ExStyles, making up several dozens of reasonable and often-used style combinations, and many hundreds of illogical and incompatible style combinations that produce wonky effects.

Last edited by Raccoon; 09/07/17 08:34 PM.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Also, documentation doesn't accurately describe +x and +n switches, because using either +tx or +tn causes both the minimize and maximize icons to appear in the titlebar, with the actual difference from +tnx being that +tn displays the maximize icon in the disabled state, while +tx displays the minimize icon in the disabled state.

If the icons should be displayed in the disabled state, perhaps the syntax should be something like -tn[N]x[N], ie +tn0x

The synopsis list of switches shows [+bdeflLmnstx] without describing what +m does, and I can't find any effect where +m does anything, so it may be a typo to be included there.

Link Copied to Clipboard