mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#260914 03/07/17 11:31 PM
daq Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
This is slightly similar to another thread, but the server I'm connecting to uses simple
Quote:
/msg nickserv identify password

method.
I entered my password into both password fields (since I'm not sure which one is correct) and selected /msg nickserv as method, but mIRC doesn't even try to send the password to nickserv.

What am I doing wrong?
Thanks!

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I have just tested this here and it is working correctly. Once you enter the passwords into the server dialog and press the OK button, are you pressing the Select button and then clicking Connect?

daq Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
The good news is everything is working fine now. I think mIRC just needed to be restarted.

It failed to connect automatically when I ran the application for the first time after an upgrade, but that's likely because method was set to "None". After setting the method to "/msg nickserv" I was just testing by clicking the disconnect (broken lightening bolt icon) and then reconnecting using the same icon and it wasn't sending the password.

After restarting mIRC it connected automatically.

Thanks for your help.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Editing a server does not apply those changes to your current session. Clicking the "lightning bolt" to disconnect / reconnect will continue to use the old settings, unless 'Select' is clicked within the Server List after editing.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard