Print Thread
D
Dan Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Hi guys,

I am still learning mirc and need to know how to stop chats from people appearing in the channel window and force them to PM ? It's driving me crazy , I cant work it out....
Sometimes it goes to pm, but not all the time (about half)

Last edited by Dan; 21/06/17 04:43 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Verify you haven't put a checkmark next to Query in Mirc-options/IRC/"Show in Active"/Query

D
Dan Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
D
Not ticked, only whois is ticked......

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
The half-the-time they're in channel window, are they appearing in what was the $active window at the time? Otherwise, is there something in common the messages have which go to the wrong location? keyword, etc.

Are they appearing only in 1 place, or do they sometimes have a duplicate echo both in the proper window plus the channel window? There might be a script that intercepts the pm and echoes to another place. If these PM's are DCC CHATs, the event is ON CHAT. If they're a Query window, it's the ON TEXT event with location being either "?" or "*".

In the Alt-R window, if you uncheck "events" from the 'Listen' menu and that causes this to stop happening, then it's almost certainly one of the above causes. (Just don't forget to re-check 'events'.) If you have trouble locating the unruly script by searching for ':TEXT' or ':CHAT', you might need to unload your scripts until it stops happening, or reload them again until it starts happening.

One of the important things to do when tracing down a bug is to add some predictability to it. If you can identify a situation when it's guaranteed to happen, as well as when guaranteed to not happen.

Link Copied to Clipboard