mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
I
inhahe Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
How can I make it so that when I start mIRC and it joins all my channels automatically it ends up with all the channels deselected in the switchbar, so that all I see is a grey screen until I click on one?
As it is every time I start mIRC i manually go through all the 26 channel and server windows and deselect them (click on them so that they're unindented in the switchbar) manually, because I'm anal like that. =P
I'm assuming the only way to do this is with a script, if there is any way. Can anyone tell me how to do this?
Thanks..

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
You can join channels minimized with the -n switch

I
inhahe Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
I
Thanks, I can't quite figure out how to do it for server windows though. I found out that -z minimizes server windows so I tried that for the /server commmands in "on *:START:", but when I do that some of the channel windows come up not maximized when I click on them. I want all the channels maximized but deselected, or maximized but minimized if that makes any sense. I.e. I want them not indented in the switchbar but I want them to show up maximized when I click on them. Also I can't seem to pass -z to the first /server command without it creating two windows for that server.

Here's what I have right now in 'remote':

on *:START:{
//window -x $qt($active)
server -zn irc.undernet.org
server -mnz irc.freenode.net
server -mz irc.mibbit.com
server -mz irc.dal.net
server -mz irc.efnet.net
server -mz irc.tanta.io +6697
/font -z -16 Fixedsys Excelsior 3.01
}

(ignore the -n's in the /server commands, -n in a /server command just tells it to make a new window but not connect, i have those there right now for a specific reason)

and as an example of what I have in 'perform'..

/join -n #philosophical
/join -n #philosophy
/join -n #salon
/join -n #lightfire

I have the //window command there because I used to have a problem with mIRC never remembering to start my windows maximized and someone told me that command to solve the problem.

edit: I discovered that some of the channel windows come up non-maximized when I click on them regardless of whether I pass the -z parameter to the /server commands. It's the /join -n that's doing that.

Last edited by inhahe; 26/03/17 05:27 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard