mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
P
pctek Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
Hello. I am using Windows 10 x64 and I have found that the file "control.ini" located in my C:\Users\MyUserName\AppData\Roaming\mIRC doesn't list more the 9 ignored users. I've checked the file permissions and I have admin rights. User that I have ignored are still able to "msg" me, probably because mIRC (I'm using the latest version) aren't recorded in the control.ini file. Can you help? Thank you

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Are you able to add or delete any users at all from the list?

If you /ignore a nickname, or add or delete one through the Address Book/Control dialog, exit mIRC, and then run mIRC again, has the list changed? If it has not, the most likely reason is that mIRC does not have access rights to the file.

You could delete the file and try running mIRC again to see if it can create the file and write to it.

P
pctek Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
My address book has 18 entries, and the control.ini file also has 18 entries. So is what you're saying mIRC doesn't write the ignored nick to the control.ini file until after I close mIRC?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
mIRC doesn't necessarily update its INI files until after mIRC closes. You can force Windows to flush mIRC's settings to disk with /saveini on demand.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
P
pctek Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
P
thank you

Link Copied to Clipboard