mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
E
Hey guys,

I've currently got 2 bots controlling the channel, one that is coded through mIRC, and UTB controlling the loyalty points.

Basically, I've coded a game into my own mIRC bot, which allows them to use the loyalty points, however, I'm trying to link the two bots together, so that my bot can use the commands, however, what I don't want, is the bot displaying the command in the chat to show the chatters what command is required to be able to add points (as it's broken, and the command works for everyone, and I can't change this).

So basically, the command would either add the loyalty points or take it away, but the command on the other bot is a !command, which would need to appear in the chat for the bot to recognise it.

If anyone has any ideas, that would be awesome smile

-Eggy

Twitch Live-Streamer:
Synth Riders
Beat Saber
www.twitch.tv/eggfriedcheese
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
You could just make it, so it only triggers when you type it by:

Code:
on *:TEXT:!command:#: {
  if ($nick == your_twitch_name) {
   code...
  } 
}

Life is potato.
T
Babel fish
Babel fish
T
Or a second option would be to make a website that functions as a controlpanel for your bot. But that would require a domain, and a vps for your bot. As well as knowing how to code in: html, php, javascript. And would be alot of work.

Life is potato.
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
Originally Posted By: TillableToast
You could just make it...

He needs to manipulate a non-mIRC based bot.

Easy way is to use whisper or group chat, if UTB supports it.
Complicated way - find out where it stores points and check\add\remove it with your own bot [dont forget to make a backup of points file].

Dont give a fish - teach to fish!
E
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
E
I've done away with UTB, as I've managed to code this into my own bot now, so this is not necessary. Tillable, you didn't understand the original post. I was in need to post a command in the chat, not that it only responds to me, but that it didn't even show at all in the chat, so that I could manipulate the UTB, which splinny correctly advised.

I have coded my bot, so that most of the commands only work from me, so I knew how to do that, I was just wanting the bot not to show (for example: !giveeggs eggfriedcheese 100) the command in the chat, but still execute the command.

Never mind now though, it's all sorted smile

Twitch Live-Streamer:
Synth Riders
Beat Saber
www.twitch.tv/eggfriedcheese

Link Copied to Clipboard