mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
E
Elanya Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
I've been having this trouble for a while now, but the behaviour seems to be getting worse. I'm using the latest release (7.43) on a Windows 7 machine.

When this first started, the program would hang when I went to join a second server in a new window (not using a script, just from the connection dialog). My connection on the initial server I was on would ping out after a while, and then the program would get its shit together and I'd join the new server and then come back on the original (in that order).

Lately it has been hanging for a long time when I try to join the first server, and then hanging indefinitely when I try and join a second. If I try to even look in the server window to see what it is doing, at either point, it tells me the program is not responding.

I haven't made any changes to my firewalls or other security setup. I can get onto the same networks using other avenues (kiwi irc) with no issues.

Any insight as to what could be causing this and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Are you using SSL to connect to any of the servers?
Try turning remote off (type /remote off in any mIRC's editbox and reboot mIRC) and see if it still occur.
If turning remote off doesn't do it, try reinstalling mIRC using the following steps:

1) Run the mIRC v7.43 installer
2) Choose an mIRC install folder in your Documents folder.
3) Check the "portable" option in the installer.
4) Install mIRC.

If it still happen on this new install, type in any mIRC's editbox:
Code:
//echo -a $os $version $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)
and report the result here please.
Kiwi irc is a web application, meaning your connection is not used to make the connection to the IRC server.
If you have an Antivirus software, try shutting it down during your test, same for firewall from your router/Windows

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
E
Elanya Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
E
I'm not using SSL, but turning remote off seems to have fixed things, so thank you! I tried it after rebooting the computer and everything connected fine... If it reoccurs I'll try reinstalling as suggested and if I'm still having issues I'll come back with more info.

Thanks for the super quick answer!

W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
No problem.

If remote off fixes the issue, it means it's one of your script that is causing it, reinstalling mIRC won't change anything.
To find which script it is, you can turn remote back on (/remote on) and unload scripts one by one until the issue doesn't happen, then you know it's the last script you unloaded that was causing the issue, you can then ask about that script on the script & popups section of this forum or on IRC, in a mIRC channel (the one in my signature for example)

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
The reply from the //echo requuest
-
10 7.44 ok 1 1 0 0
The issue I have installed a test version (Portable) of mIRC 7.44 /remote off does not change the fact it hangs on "irc.rizon.io" No matter what It hangs after connect. I can join channels but there is no box that pops up and does not allow me to be in the channel fully. This only started around 7.43. There is a BUG within mIRC that does not allow me to connect on that server HOWEVER if I connect to irc.sxci.net (another Rizon server) it connected fine. I almost think it is the daemon that has the issue and not the client. I do not know.............. Any clue anyone?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am able connect to irc.rizon.io and join channels with no issues in mIRC v7.44.

Are you using anti-virus software? If you disable it completely and then run mIRC and connect, do you see the same issue?

If you open the mIRC Options/Connect/Options/Ports dialog, are the UPnP options enabled? If you disable them and then try again, do you see the same issue?

Link Copied to Clipboard