mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Brafu Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Ok, first off I want to apologize if this has already been asked and is childishly simple to find on the search. I have tried google and searched this forum but I can't seem to find anything, or maybe my search Fu is really crappy lol

I'm making a simple bot and, naturally, I'm creating access levels for various commands. Everything seemed to be working great until the channel owner tried to use the bot and nothing happened.

I have tested the commands and they work great with anyone else (NOTE: I have not tested it with another OP, so that might be a problem as well), just not the room owner.

on @+5:TEXT:!ban*:#roomname:/blacklist $$2
on @+5:TEXT:!unban*:#roomname:/blackrem $$2
on @+5:TEXT:!voice*:#roomname:/vlist $$2
on @+5:TEXT:!unvoice*:#roomname:/vrem $$2
on @+5:TEXT:!add*:#roomname:/useradd $$2
on @+5:TEXT:!remove*:#roomname:/userremove $$2
on +5:TEXT:!commands:*:/commandlist $nick

Naturally I changed the name of the room, but the rest is the same. The problem doesn't seem to be the alias's since they all have been tested and work. The channel owner just isn't getting recognized in the room, even when I set the access level to 1 (without the +).

If anyone can point out the, probably very simple, mistake I'm making I would be very grateful.

Last edited by Brafu; 30/09/15 04:49 PM.
L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
My guess is the owner doesn't have +o

B
Brafu Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
I'm not all that knowledgeable on IRC in general, but no the owner isn't designated by a @, but instead a . (such as .Brafu as opposed to @Brafu).

I figure that's probably where the issue comes from, but I have not been able to sort it out. I even tried making a user account with a . in the name, but that didn't work lol

B
Brafu Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
B
Ok, I figured it out and now I feel like a total idiot. The owner, along with others, are using colors and thus it changes the text and it won't match the script.

Link Copied to Clipboard