mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#253737 30/06/15 11:43 AM
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
I had a weird thing recently where on doing a hard reboot of my computer (windows 7 (64x)) all my mirc settings were wiped (though my remote.ini was fine, thankfully). I've think I've managed to get things back to the way they were, but I have one lingering problem:

When something is said in channel triggers the highlight flag, but I'm focused on a different window; the initial beep alert is sounded (which is fine) and the window flashes (also fine). The problem is that after this, the beeping continues approximately once every second until mIRC has focus again. This can be pretty annoying because I leave the computer on at night, and if I don't remember to leave mIRC in focus then it keeps beeping until i get up to fix it.

I've played around in the settings a bit (I'm by no means a terribly proficient user) but I can't seem to solve it. Does anyone know where I'm going wrong?

I don't have any scripts that alter highlights, and this is what my (main) highlight looks like

I'm willing to do screengrabs of anything in settings that you find suspect.

Cheers

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for your post. You can limit the number of times the sound is played by entering a number in the "time(s)" editbox. This box should actually be connected to the "Play sound" option in the dialog. This will be changed in the next version. The flashing is in fact continuous.

The same applies to the mIRC Options/Sounds dialog where the Flash option is also continuous. However, there is a bug in this feature where the Event Beep "Beeps" limit is not being applied, resulting in continuous beeping during a flash event. This has been fixed for the next version.

Khaled #253751 01/07/15 09:50 AM
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
Ah, thanks. looking forward to that then!

Link Copied to Clipboard