mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#252237 29/03/15 11:22 AM
P
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
P
First of all, many apologies if I posted this in the wrong forum as I'm not sure if this is a bug or not or, maybe, something I've done unwittingly. Having said that my bug report is...well, odd.

Just this morning, after logging into one of the servers that I frequent, I found that all the nicknames that I have stored in my Address Book's notify list have completely disappeared. The only thing that I can think of is maybe it has something to do with the CyberGhost proxy that I run? I don't know how, or even if, this is possible but I have been bumped off a server before after attempting to use the service after I had logged in. When I connect, with CyberGhost already running, there doesn't seem to be a problem. So maybe there was some corruption of the data? Could that be it? And, if so, is there anyway to recover that data? I mean, I could roll my system back, I suppose, but would that do the trick?

At any rate, thanks in advance for any explanations or solutions you can give. It's appreciated.

Last edited by Polterdog; 29/03/15 11:25 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Check your Address Book (Alt+B) > Notify tab. Or the command /notify -l

If you typed the command /notify -r it will have cleared your notify list.

If mIRC or Windows shut down improperly, it's possible that your saved configs were lost by rare misfortune.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
P
Self-satisfied door
OP Offline
Self-satisfied door
P
Thanks for getting back to me.

Out of the two options you've posted, it would definitely have to be the latter because I know, without a shadow of a doubt, I didn't type the command /notify -r. I'd have no reason to and, frankly, when it comes to stuff like that, I'm barely computer literate. And, if I think about it, I did have a few other programs running at the same time I was using mIRC and CyberGhost when one of them stalled. Being unable to CTRL-ALT-DEL my way out of the situation, it was suggested by the OS to manually restart my frozen computer. So, yeah, it seems that's probably what happened.

Fortunately, I do have another copy of the Address Book buried on my laptop somewhere (which I just thought about now). Sorry about that. I probably could've saved you the time and trouble and just done a quick import to solve my own problem. Still, it's nice to know why it happened.

At any rate, thank you for your time and explanation. It is very much appreciated.

Last edited by Polterdog; 30/03/15 06:06 AM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
A easy way is to do a backup. This way you will not lose any data if something going wrong. In my example it's your address book, but you can do it with mirc.ini or any other files you want to.
Code:
Goes in to your remote. "ALT + R" in mirc. Trigger: /backup
alias backup {
  if ($isfile(addrbk.ini)) { .copy -o " $+ $mircdir\addrbk.ini $+ " " $+ path-to-store-backup $+ " }
 echo -at >> Data saved.
}

Last edited by sparta; 31/03/15 02:50 PM.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard