mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Hello, when I'm using mIRC I sometimes get disconnected from the server, point being bad ping/ms or whatever.

But then when I reconnect to all the channels it only reconnects to a few of them and not all of them and then i recieve an error and it doesn't reconnect back to all the channels. How do I fix this? Is there a script/command for this that could help? Maybe a timer? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by ShuriStr; 30/12/14 12:49 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Options (ALT+O) > IRC
[x] Rejoin channels on connect
[x] Keep channels open

By enabling these options, you should automatically rejoin every channel you were in when you reconnect to the server. The channel windows will not be closed when you disconnect, and the chat buffers will be preserved.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Those were already enabled but the problem is whenever the program itself is trying to reconnect to all the channels it basically becomes a timeout or an error and that error/timeout causes it to disconnect from every channel there is and so it goes on forever.

If anyone has a fix for this it would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by ShuriStr; 30/12/14 11:36 PM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
That is unusual behavior in my experience. I would suggest unloading any scripts (especially those you downloaded) to test this condition further.

As far as reconnecting when you get disconnected, I recommend manually adding a -specific- IRC server from the network you are connecting to, instead of using the "Random Server" entry that comes default.

To find real server addresses, search Google for <networkname> servers.

Eg: Undernet servers

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
I havent downloaded any scrips, I wrote my own ones and they don't have anything to do with this I do believe, but who knows.

I will do that and see if it helps, thanks.

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Okey, I still have the same problem and it looks like this: http://imgur.com/cuMancn,MMDNUTC (2 pics). I have no idea what to do and I'm still wondering if someone knows something that might help.

S
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
S
Still looking for help if anyone out there knows something I would really appreciate if you could help out.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try getting mIRC to work on a "real" IRC network before trying to connect to Twitch. Rule out possibility of other issues, otherwise I can only dismiss it as Twitch being Twitch which is pretty crappy on a good day.

Link Copied to Clipboard