I usually simply just open my MIRC desktop icon & get the dialogue box prompt to type in the "group" to #join.

I accidentally closed the window, and now cannot rejoin the group meeting.

I get these strange messages in the dialogue box entitled:

mIRC - [Status: [no nick] logging on to Starlink-irc (irc.starlink-irc.org:6667)]

and alternately tries to endlessly retry to log me in.

I don't know what's going on, don't really have the mental bandwidth to figure all of this out, just want to make it easy the way it was. I'd really appreciate it if someone could simply tell me what buttons to push, & I'll do it. Please make the insanity go away...I wanted to be in a group meeting which is over now...not spend my precious time digital troubleshooting! Thanks!!

I've tried to close down the program and restart numerous times, still the same nonsense.

Here is some of what appears in the window:

* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #26 irc.starlink-irc.org (6667) (dns pool)
-
-wichita.ks.us.starlink-irc.org- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-wichita.ks.us.starlink-irc.org- *** Found your hostname (pool-71-178-142-227.washdc.east.verizon.net) -- cached
-
Adrienne Nickname is already in use.
-
Closing link: (Adrienne@pool-71-178-142-227.washdc.east.verizon.net) [Registration timeout]
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #27 irc.starlink-irc.org (6667) (dns pool)
-
-rochester.mi.us.starlink-irc.org- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-rochester.mi.us.starlink-irc.org- *** Found your hostname (pool-71-178-142-227.washdc.east.verizon.net) -- cached
-
-
Closing link: (Adrienne@pool-71-178-142-227.washdc.east.verizon.net) [Registration timeout]
-
* Disconnected
-
* Connect retry #28 irc.starlink-irc.org (6667)
-
-rochester.mi.us.starlink-irc.org- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
-rochester.mi.us.starlink-irc.org- *** Found your hostname (pool-71-178-142-227.washdc.east.verizon.net) -- cached
-