mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
I am trying to make a script for twitch, for when a viewer would like to know something like when they joined the stream, and how long that have spent watching the stream.

I am at a loss for what direction to take with this task, and have spent time going through forums looking for anything that mite lead me in the right direction, I have come up with a few ideas on how to get this to work, but I am a total noob at this kind of thing, if anyone has some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

this is what I have come up with, I know its not in proper code format, its just what i've jotted down while I've been scouring the forums.

On join #
write $nick & $ctime ddmmyyyy to .txt file

on txt !joined
read .txt /msg $chan $nick joined $ctime ddmmyyyy

on txt !viewtime
read .txt $duration
/msg $chan has watched XX hours XX minutes XX seconds

thank you in advance for any great suggestions that may arise from this mess of a task lol cheers

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
Code:
on *:join:#: {
if (!$readini(joins.ini,#,$nick)) writeini joins.ini # $nick $ctime
}
on *:text:!joined:#: {
var %date $readini(joins.ini,#,$nick) 
if (!%date) var %msg Error: No data.
else var %msg You joined $asctime(%date) $+ , $duration(%date) ago.
msg # %msg
}
Be careful however, these kinds of scripts will fill an ini file quite quick and will turn extremely slow towards the end. If you want it to show how long a user has been in the channel lately, since last join that is, you just remove the IF check on the join event and leave it with only writeini.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
L
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
L
Legendary, thank you so much!!! this is exactly what i was trying to find!

B
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
B
I have a question about this script. I added it to my bot, and it just says the error message. Do I need to add anything else to make it work?

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
As you can tell, it uses a join event. You need to see the join event to be able to trigger it first.
If you have seen a join event in the channel, make sure that the script does not have another join event triggering prior to this script.
You'll need to open a new file in the scripts editor and paste the script in there for it to work in this case.
This is very likely the case if for example you're using a points system that uses a join event.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: Blondemoscow
I have a question about this script. I added it to my bot, and it just says the error message. Do I need to add anything else to make it work?

Be in mind that this code MUST be into alt+r -> Remote place and on an new file (via: alt+r -> File -> New)

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-

Link Copied to Clipboard