mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Fisaal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
When I initiate a DCC send, about half the time it works. The other half of the time, it connects, sends a small amount of the file (100k or less) and then gets disconnected. I have the ports open in my router and I think mIRC is set up correctly. I have a feeling the problem might not be with mIRC specifically as my sends with Soulseek often reconnect a few times before sending successfully too.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

F
Fisaal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
It's more like 1.5kb being sent before it's cut off. I've tried sending with a different client (xchat) which works fine. I tried a clean install of mIRC, resetting my router, router firmware update, an older version of mIRC, reinstalling tcp/ip and my network drivers, all with no luck.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Try to disable your anti-virus software maybe your anti-virus block the mIRC for some reasons.

Also please copy/paste to your mIRC this line and press enter and reply here the results:

Code:
//echo -a $os $version $iif($beta,$beta,0) $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

- Thanks!

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
F
Fisaal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
Thanks for replying
Results: 7 7.38 0 a1ed6fb6c3215ec1296168ac4508b884 ok 1 1 1 0
I'm using MSE for antivirus, it used to work with it on. I will try sending with it disabled.

F
Fisaal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
It's not the antivirus. It might not actually be connecting, just looks like it from my end.

D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
I think I had the exact same problem. It was the Windows firewall in my case. Even though I had set it to allow mIRC through it, it still wouldn't allow DCC send or receives. I even had the ports manually forwarded through my router, even though mIRC uses upnp. The file would go for a couple hundred kilobytes and then stop and then fail. Every single time. mIRC has upnp and I allowed mIRC through the Windows firewall and it still din't work. I'm blaming Microsoft on this one I think. Anyways, with the firewall disabled, I can now do DCC chats and file send and receives from my colleagues. Disable the Windows firewall, then REBOOT your computer, then try the DCC thing again.

T
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
T
yup, windows firewall is the hoax. I always had problems so I dont use it anymore. Just disable it, and get PC Tools Firewall. It works much better, and is more controlable than anything that Windows makes. I can even select which ports I want to allow mirc to walk on. But then again, disconnects happen. What I dont like, is when they drop you, the server, and you rejoin. AND it says, Name not availible. So, you have to wait for the name to become avai again, or you loss is the channel op

Last edited by tccDaniel; 06/12/14 10:27 PM.
D
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
D
Originally Posted By: tccDaniel
yup, windows firewall is the hoax. I always had problems so I dont use it anymore. Just disable it, and get PC Tools Firewall. It works much better, and is more controlable than anything that Windows makes. I can even select which ports I want to allow mirc to walk on. But then again, disconnects happen. What I dont like, is when they drop you, the server, and you rejoin. AND it says, Name not availible. So, you have to wait for the name to become avai again, or you loss is the channel op

You don't have to wait for your name to become available again if you have registered your nick on a server.

There are commands to regain your nick.

http://docs.dal.net/docs/nickserv.html#4.1

I have GhostDonat76 as my nick name in mIRC's settings with the 'preserve nicks' checked.

Then in the 'perform on connect' section for the server, I have...

;The server won't even let me log on with the Donat76 nick at all so I start out as GhostDonat76 as my nick.
;Then I use the Ghost command to basically kill the Donat76 nick.

/msg NickServ Ghost Donat76 MyPassword

; I then change my nick to what I really wanted but originally couldn't use.

/nick Donat76

; Then I use my password to login.
; I don't know if any of this is redundant but it has always worked.

/msg NickServ Identify MyPassword

F
Fisaal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
Nope.. installed PC Tools firewall and disabled Windows firewall. Still getting the same problem connects for one second, sends less than 16k

Last edited by Fisaal; 13/12/14 10:18 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
This can be caused by anti-virus/security/firewall software, router issues, your internet provider monitoring your connections and disconnecting them because they suspect them of being virus/trojan/bot related and/or transferring copyright material, or a combination of the above. These could of course apply to both the sender and receiver of the file.

You would need to narrow down the causes one by one, eg. uninstall all anti-virus/security/fireall software, restart your computer, restart the router, check the router configuration and perhaps reset it, install a clean copy of mIRC, try sending to different users to see if it happens with some users and not others, try with different files to see if it happens to some files and not others, and so on.

Basically, something relating to your configuration and/or your internet connection (or those of the receiving user) are causing the file to be closed.

F
Fisaal Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
Thanks smile

Last edited by Fisaal; 13/12/14 09:50 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard