mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#248679 17/10/14 07:09 PM
Bramzee Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
So, basically. I have a few "goal's" for donations from my stream. Right now, I have my bot set up to message chat when I get a new donation automatically. What I want is for each donation I get to add to a total. So, if someone donates $10 it'll show as such:

BOT: DONATION! username [$10]
BOT: WHATEVERGOALHERE [$10/$50]

and then if someone else donates like $2 or whatever it pops up basically the same only automatically updating to [$12/$50] without me having to go in and do it manually.

The problems I've come across is, the way I track and alert the chat with a donation has the "$" in the file itself. Therefore I can't just add it without $ messing with any script I've tried. Any help would be appreciated.

For the purpose of helping me out here is the donation portion of the monitor script I have...

Code:
else if (%1 == C:\Users\myusername\Documents\donationfoler\recentdonation.txt) {
          msg # /me NEW DONATION$read(C:\Users\myusername\Documents\donationfolder\recentdonation.txt)
        }

obviously I'll have to add another

Code:
 ;add that donation to total towards goal
msg # WHATEVERGOAL: $chr(91) $+ $read(whatevergoal.txt) $+ / $+ $chr(36) $+ 50 $+ $chr(93)

Any help towards this is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Bramzee Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
So, I've been working on this. Still. Even went back and looked for a few post's that might have helped and... well. Nothing. I've decided that for now I will use just a menu option to edit it manually. I can get it working to just overwrite the old file (obviously) but what I can't do is get it to $calc correctly. Here's what I've tried...

Code:
.Add to GOAL : /write -c GOAL.txt $calc($read(GOAL.txt, t) + $2) $$?="Enter Amount:" | msg $chan /me GOAL: $chr(36) $+ $read(GOAL.txt, t) $+ / $+ $chr(36) $+ 60

Now, with this one it only over writes the last input amount. for instance:

ME: (add's 5 to the amount)
BOT: $0 5/$60
ME: (add's 15 to the amount)
BOT: $0 15/$60

As you can see, it leave's "0" there and doesn't $calc anything at all...

I tried this as well after looking around on the forums, but it did the same exact thing...

Code:
write -11 GOAL.txt $calc($read(GOAL.txt,0) + $2) $$?="Enter Amount:"

Last edited by Bramzee; 18/10/14 02:50 PM.
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
By default, $read will evaluate the text it reads as if it was mSL code. To prevent this behavior you must use the n switch. Unless you specifically want the text file to contain mSL code, you should make a habit of using -n when using $read to prevent abuse.

Last edited by Belhifet; 19/10/14 01:01 AM.
Bramzee Offline OP
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
Thanks for that smile
I thought using the t switch also read it as plain text as well? I have no idea why there is automatically a 0 in there... "$0 4/$60" for example. Any idea as to why that would be?

Link Copied to Clipboard