Print Thread
#246589 20/06/14 09:38 PM
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Hey everybody!!

I am new here and have spent about 2.5 hours looking for an answer to my question and still nothing, so I am going to ask it here.

We are on a network of computers and have used mIRC quite a bit but today, it's giving us problems. mIRC is up and connected, but when you type and send, the receiver can/does not receive it. The receiver can tell that something is being typed, but when the sender sends, nothing shows up. Has anyone had this issue before?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
IRC has no mechanism to notify other users that you're typing, so I'd need to question the validity of everything else you're talking about.

S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Sorry, I'm really new to mirc and networking in general. what I meant was that we can see traffic passing certain points in our network, but it never seems to reach the receiver.

At this point, we have one computer that can get on mIRC and get into the rooms but NO other computers can at all. We've compared settings, and all are the same between computers.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
To see what your copy of mIRC is sending and receiving to the server, you can use the "/debug on" command. This will output all communication to a debug.log in your mIRC logs folder. If you type that command into both the sending mIRC and receiving mIRC, you can look at the debug.log file to see what both clients have sent/received.

If the debug.log file for the receiving mIRC shows that the message was received, it may be that you are using a badly written script that is halting the display of messages.

S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Thanks for the input. There is a group that isn't having any issues on mIRC at all, on our network. Only our group. We can see that our handshake (not sure this is the right technical term) is being sent out but nothing is received from the distant client.

When mIRC is opened, it connects up until the "message of the day" page and then disconnects immediately.

We are going through some firewalls that we "think" we have mitigated, our routing is going through an ASR, then to a Inmarsat and landing at the far end. We can see that the clients ARE connecting but just can't get the connection to remain.
We're still trying to track down the issue.

D
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
D
Before post here you could google it, it's not hard i google it and found an other server.

DARLA

Link Copied to Clipboard