mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
The defacto standard of MODE +q as a voice-ban or "quiet" mode has been around for roughly a decade or so. Would it be possible to add support to the Channel Central dialog, and possibly the identifier $iql() ?

On the note of $iql, a natural fit to $ibl, $iel and $iil -- for Internal X List -- named after $ial for Internal Address List. It may be reasonable to depart from this scheme. It might be better fitting for an $icl or Internal Channel List that works something like this.

$icl(#mIRC,b,N/mask) .by .date .ctime

That way modes b/e/i/q and any future channel lists can fit together under the same function. $ibl $iel and $iil would become deprecated in future versions.

Edit: Another thing of interest. The properties .by .date and .ctime are populated in the $ibl $iel and $iil when the mode is set by a channel operator, without peeking at the full list. Naturally .date and .ctime are subject to change if you do perform a MODE +b list. The interesting thing is there is no function to retrieve the .by or .time or .ctime of when someone is opped or voiced (MODE +ov). It stands to reason that $icl(#irchelp,o,Raccoon).by should be able to track that information as well -- telling you who opped Raccoon in #irchelp if your client was around to see it happen.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
What about the defacto standard that +q is a "owner" mode on unrealircd and that this ircd is the most used?

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
mIRC can identify when a server supports +q as an address list via 005 reply. It can optionally choose to hide the dialog from Channel Central or whatever it currently does with +e/+I modes.

sendak.freenode.net 005 Raccoon CHANMODES=eIbq,k,flj,CFLMPQScgimnprstz

My proposed identifier $icl(#chan,[eIbq],N/address) would support any characters that appear in the first token of CHANMODES as an arbitrary list of addresses, setters and times.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!

Link Copied to Clipboard