mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#247927 09/09/14 08:43 AM
C
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
C
Since about 2 updates ago, MIRC is giving the users from scoutlink IRC a headache. Anyone connected via MIRC is getting the following message on average 3-5 mins after connection is established, with or without nickserv verification

* [10053] Software caused connection abort

any suggestions as to how to fix this problem?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Everybody get this message while trying to connect to the server? which server?

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
C
OP Offline
C
re-read my post.

after 3-5 mins we get disconnected with the message.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Which server?

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
C
OP Offline
C
scoutlink irc
chat.scoutlink.net 6667

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Well, i connect to the server and does not disconnect me or give me this message, i am in about 20 minutes and all are OK.

Do you have any antivirus or firewall enabled?

if yes then please disable them and try again to see if the problem is from any antivirus or firewall software.

Do you have any scripts/dlls/coms in use?

if yes then please use /remote off and try again to connect to the server and check if the problem is from any remote/addon/dll/com.

- Thanks!

C
OP Offline
C
thank you for your suggestion, however this has not fixed the issue as I have configured my firewall correctly, and I do not use any scripts. Please can you tell me what version of MIRC you are currently using, as previously I had no problems before the most recent 2 updates?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I am using the latest stable version 7.36

Can you please type this command and reply here the results?

Code:
//echo -a $os $version $iif($beta,$beta,0) $md5($mircexe,2) $file($mircexe).sig $alias(0) $script(0) $dll(0) $com(0)

C
OP Offline
C
7 7.36 0 0b98d50ad3b148e7dbe78a90ae8e3f2f ok 1 1 0 0

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: CopperTop
7 7.36 0 0b98d50ad3b148e7dbe78a90ae8e3f2f ok 1 1 0 0

You said before that you are not using any scripts/addons/remotes but the results said that you are using 1 please use //unload -rs $qt($script(1)) command and try again, if the problem does not seems to fix then is it possible to track down an video or screenshots and post links here to see what exactly is happening?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
There is always 1 alias and script file loaded

C
OP Offline
C
ok so I tried your command, and it unloaded the default 'remote.ini' file. But it still didn't effect anything.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
As far as I can tell, there have been no changes in recent versions of mIRC that would cause this issue. This issue is reported by some users after almost every new release of mIRC. It has been discussed at length. It does not appear to be an mIRC issue, since some users with a clean installation will experience it all the time, from some computers and/or some connections, while other users with a clean installation will not experience it all.

There are many possible causes: your internet provider monitoring and disconnecting IRC connections if they think they are suspicious, your internet connection not working correctly, the server experiencing a large number of connections (such as in a DDOS) causing it to drop connections, the IRC server disconnecting clients due to inactivity, the IRC server not recognizing the client version number (such as in hacked clients with fake version numbers) and disconnecting them, an issue with the IRC servers host, an issue with anti-virus software not recognizing the new version and closing connections it thinks are suspicious, and so on.

If this is happening to a large number of users connecting to the same server, this usually indicates a server issue and you would need to contact the administrators to see if they can track down the problem.

Link Copied to Clipboard