mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
B
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Hey,
I am new to Mirc, I learned a bit and created a points system after following steps off a video, now I wanted to make that when someone follows me on twitch,youtube,facebook,twitter etc it will give them automatically points instead of me having to add it manually, I tried it and when you get more than 15 you can't do it that fast and stream the same time, you need to add all the places and stuff.
Can someone help me please, I just have no clue how to do it, I don't ask for someone to post a complete script unless he wants to, if you want to then it would be realy helpful because I am new.

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N
Since you're asking for pointers and not a full code, I'll tell you what you need to do to be able to make this possible, which it probably won't be anyway.

You'll have to make a cross-reference to other peoples' twitch accounts with their facebook,twitter etc accounts so you know when said user follows you somewhere. Store those nicks and accounts somewhere and if they match award a point to said user.

To see if they have followed, you'll have to use sockets to read info from the urls. View the source page of the websites you wish to check info from and if it's not available there you'll have to ask their forums or read their guides to check their api to make requests from there.

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net
B
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Yeah I am not asking for the actual code, more like guidelines wink thanks, is there a place where I can read about the sockets? so I can learn more about it

N
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
N

Nillens @ irc.twitch.tv
Nillen @ irc.rizon.net

Link Copied to Clipboard