mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#247690 20/08/14 11:04 PM
G
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
G
Just as the titles says i can't get custom sounds to work with any of the events. The beep only works if i have "Use internal beep" selected as well.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Which version of Windows are you using? Please make sure that you have applied all of the latest Windows updates for your version of Windows.

Please also make sure that you are using the latest version of mIRC.

Now run mIRC and open the mIRC Options/Sounds dialog, check the "enable sounds" button, and select the first sound event "Connect" in the listbox. If you now select a sound for that event and click the little play button next to it, do you hear a sound?

If you do not hear a sound, this may mean that something is wrong with your Windows sound drivers and you will need to reinstall them.

L
Bowl of petunias
Bowl of petunias
L
I'm having this same problem.

Using Win 7 with everything updated as well as the most current version of mIRC.

'Enable Sound' box is ticked and I do hear the custom sound after hitting the play button. But when the event occurs, instead of the custom sound, all I'm getting is a beep.

I've used the mIRC client since the 90's and the custom sound has always been one of my favorite features. It's very helpful to designate a specific sound for each of my friends so I instantly know who's querying me.

This has been an ongoing problem for almost a year and it would be great if I could get it working again because I really miss it!

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

"I dream my painting, and then I paint my dreams."
Vincent van Gogh

Link Copied to Clipboard