mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
I have been using mIRC for about a year now and only recently have I been having problems with my computer suddenly shutting down while downloading a file. Does anyone know how I can solve this problem?

Thanks,
Greg

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
There a number of possibilities, check this thread

If you are using xp, there is an option that causes windows to reboot on an error. I dont use xp, but other posters have said go to your system properties, ( right mouse click on "My Computer" on the desktop), and then look for the tabs called "Advanced", click that and you should see a bunch of stuff to do with Startup & Recovery, click on the settings button for this, and then in the new box that opens up uncheck "Automatically Reset".

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
P
Is this only happening in mIRC? I had the same problem a few years ago, and I was told that it was my CPU/Power Supply overheating, causing my PC to reboot.

G
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
G
Thanks for the advice...I tried turning off the automatic shutdown...all that seemed to do was give me the BSOD instead of just rebooting on it's own. I also tried changing the default port from 6667 to 6666, neither worked. I'm trying to figure out where to get that driver for my linksys card. Do you have any idea where to get it from and any other suggestions? Thanks!!

-Greg

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
i think driverguide.com is where u can find alot of drivers ..... also linksys would be a very good place to look for your driver as well

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
good point, altho since the original poster stated it only happened during downloads, it is more likely to be the issues i referred to. If it were due to overheating, it wouldnt be triggered just by a download, but of course that could just be a timing coincidence so it never hurts to bring up what you did.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard