mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
H
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
H
ARGH ! I've searched the forums here as best I could, but am unable to find solutions to fix "unable to resolve server" connection error. I'd encountered this problem before nearly 4 years ago (and prior) when I had to configure a Win7 laptop with its firewall and MacAfee AV. The solution was to change some settings in the MacAfee AV.

But now, I have a 'new' laptop (Win8 v.6.2.9200) with Norton's AV (v.21.2.0.38) and cannot figure out how to resolve my connection problem. I know I have the correct server address (irc.networkjunkies.com:6667), etc. But, I cannot find in Norton's where to 'allow' mIRC to work. I'm fairly sure I have the firewall settings correct to allow mIRC to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated wink

OH, if it makes any difference - I can get IRC on my android tablet, but that's barely 2nd best to mIRC smile

hlmardis

Last edited by hlmardis; 11/05/14 03:31 AM.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Most anti-virus applications have an option that allows you to exclude an application and/or a folder from being scanned/blocked. If the anti-virus application you are using is blocking mIRC from connecting to the internet, you will probably need to add mIRC to this exclusion list. If you are not sure how to do this in your anti-virus application, you will very likely need to contact the anti-virus developer to ask for help as only they would know how/why their software is doing this and how to resolve it.

Link Copied to Clipboard