mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#241400 18/04/13 07:10 AM
F
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
F
Is there a secret limit on the number of scripts you can have? I've gotten to 260 lines and anything under that wont do anything frown

K
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
K
paste the code?

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: KindOne
paste the code?

As in the script I'm trying to use or something else? confused

on 1:TEXT:test:#:/msg # .timeout $nick 10
was the test script I wanted to try which works when it's above the 260th line but when it's below it doesn't work.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What do you mean by "line"? Do you mean line 260 inside a single loaded script file or do you mean the 260th loaded script file?

If it's inside a single script file, then you can use far more than 260 lines. Make sure all brackets are closed properly and also that your on TEXT event is not already being processed by another, earlier on TEXT event.

F
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: 5618
What do you mean by "line"? Do you mean line 260 inside a single loaded script file or do you mean the 260th loaded script file?

If it's inside a single script file, then you can use far more than 260 lines. Make sure all brackets are closed properly and also that your on TEXT event is not already being processed by another, earlier on TEXT event.

I have 260 different scripts in my remote (well it's more like 200 because of multiple lined scripts) but there are no earlier text events being processed by the specified text.

F
OP Offline
F
I have confirmed that the second to last script was screwing everything up below it frown. I assume keeping this script at the bottom will allow everything else to work but thank you all for your help non the less ^_^

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
A 'script' may contain any number of events or aliases. If you have a single file, then you have a single script. You would not refer to a single loaded file as 200 scripts.

It sounds like your text events are stepping on each other. Only the first matching event will trigger. You can separate these into different files.

For example if you have two events:

on *:text:*hello*:
on *:text:*hello there*:

only the first will trigger if they are in the same file. If you place them in different files, they will both trigger.

Link Copied to Clipboard