Print Thread
#237247 20/04/12 05:21 AM
T
Tyciol Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
Sometimes when users are transferring big files it can time out, like maybe the sender or receiver disconnects or something like that, leaving a partial file behind.

When this happened browsing IRC on pidgin, it asked me to save over the file and I lost all the data I had downloaded before.

I think I remember mIRC might have been able to resume partial files and pick up where it left off instead of re-downloading the same data. Is this true? If so, does it still this?

If no to either, I think this is a really good feature.

I'm also wondering if possibly there might be some way to resume partial files from torrents, or for torrents to resume partial files from IRC. But I'm not sure if this is possible, if files are built the same way or not. If it's possible that would be very cool.

-Ty
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
ALT-O > DCC. Change the setting for if a file exists to Resume if that's what you want.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Regarding your second question. It's not possible for mirc to resume a file started from torrenting. But the reverse is possible, since a torrent will check the file and download the missing parts. Mirc just starts downloading the file from where it left off.

http://scripting.pball.win
My personal site with some scripts I've released.

Link Copied to Clipboard