Print Thread
#23667 11/05/03 08:41 AM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Hi

I download mirc a few times and it installed easily. This morning it gives me a error message reading

"There seems to be a problem extracting files from the installation file please reinstall"

I downloaded it a few times today but everytime it gives me the same message please help ????? confused

#23668 11/05/03 10:33 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Did you download it from www.mirc.com/get.html ? Did you check to be sure you dont have anything else running in the background (including virus scanner) when you do the install?

There is no need to post the same question in more than one forum.

Last edited by ParaBrat; 11/05/03 10:36 AM.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#23669 11/05/03 10:52 AM
S
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
S
Thanks for replying

Yip I did downloaded from mirc.com and nothing is running in the background. I downloaded the program last weekend and it worked. But everytime I need to uninstall mirc when I am finnished because its a computer at work. So I can't leave mirc on it. This morning I done everything the same way but it gives me the same message over and over...... frown

#23670 11/05/03 11:12 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Well, now you've put me in a tough spot.... i dont want to help you do something that is apparently against the policies of your employer. All i can tell you is that assuming you didnt get a bad download, mIRC should install easily as it has for you in the past, altho a known windows DDE issue and some virus scanners or other things running in the background can cause probs during an install. Perhaps your employer has done something to put a stop to paying ppl to chat instead of work?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard